5 Tips To Help Avoid Mold Growth In Your Home or Business
- Fix leaking plumbing fixtures before they cause major water damage. Annual maintenance of plumbing fixtures in your home or business can save you thousands of dollars in the future. Have a licensed and certified plumbing expert evaluate your plumbing system before it becomes a problem.
- Keep your shower areas dry. After taking a shower be sure to dry down the walls, flooring, tub and surrounding areas of standing water. Installing a residential sized dehumidifier in your bathroom will help keep the bathroom areas dry after usage which in turn will keep it free from excessive mold growth.
- Controlling the humidity and temperature in your home or business is a key towards avoiding mold issues. Keeping the temperature cool and the relative humidity low reduces the risk of mold cultivation in your structure. Having your AC system maintained annually will help ensure it is functioning properly and removing excess humidity from the indoor air.
- Use Hepa grade air filters in your HVAC system. Changing these air filters frequently will help keep the mold particulate out of your indoor air. Check them regularly to determine if they are in need of replacement.
- Have your windows and doors evaluated by a window and door expert to ensure they are weather tight. Proper window and door maintenance will ensure that water and humidity doesn’t creep in from the outside. Keeping the interior of your home cool and dry with properly maintained windows and doors will help keep mold from becoming an unwanted guest in your building.
Give the experts at All Pro Water Damage a call for a FREE in home or business mold evaluation. All Pro Water Damage has a trusted network of building professionals that can help you keep your home or business in great condition.